Orlando to Benefit from Influx of Major Corporations,
Industry Professionals during
The International Plastics Showcase
WASHINGTON - Professionals who use plastics products and materials provide an economic impact of $129 million into the Orlando economy March 23-27, 2015, during NPE2015: The International Plastics Showcase. The triennial show draws recyclers, manufacturing technology experts, and international and U.S. executives who make major manufacturing purchasing decisions that impact the world’s economy. NPE2015, held at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC), is produced by Washington-based SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association.
“NPE2015 is expected to be the largest, most successful International Plastics Showcase in our 69-year history,” said SPI President and CEO William R. Carteaux. “Every sector of the plastics manufacturing industry will be represented at this world class event that attracts professionals across industries challenged with producing products we use in our everyday lives. The latest U.S. government data indicate that consumption of plastics products increased to record-breaking levels in 2013, up 6.5 percent to $267 billion. Plastics are everywhere, and a walk through NPE2015’s massive show floor will illustrate the ubiquitous nature of our products.”
Highlights of NPE2015: The International Plastics Showcase:
- Pursuing Zero Waste Fashion Show - 8:30 a. m. Monday, March 23, featuring one-of-a-kind designs made from post-consumer recycled plastics by students at the Savannah College of Art and Design in Atlanta. The clothing will be displayed throughout the week in NPE2015's first ever Zero Waste Zone, located in the South Hall of the convention center.
- Recycling Demonstrations - Rapid Granulator Inc. will run recycling equipment three times daily in the Zero Waste Zone. Demonstration times are: 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Boy Machines, of Exter, Pa., will produce "Make-a-Wish" wrist bands on the show floor, which will be offered to NPE’s 60,000-plus registered conferees for a donation, as a one-of-a-kind fundraiser for Make-A-Wish (Booth W3303).
- NPE3D™ - PolyOne Corp. (NPE3D™ co-sponsor) will demonstrate a prosthetic arm largely created through additive manufacturing/3D printing by development partner Unlimited Tomorrow (Booth S35014).
- "Vinyl Saves Lives" - Leaders from the vinyl industry including SPI have partnered to create a booth featuring medical isolation units and equipment, plus a variety of plastic products like protective garments and gear used to treat and protect medical personnel, patients and the populace from diseases and pandemics like Ebola and SARS. The goal is to conclusively show audiences and the press how "Vinyl Saves Lives," the name given to this special project (Located in the South Hall Lobby).
- Walmart Presentation – Cindi Marsiglio, Walmart vice president of U.S. Manufacturing, is slated to discuss Walmart's commitment to source an additional $250-billion worth of U.S. made goods during the next 10 years. Marsiglio's presentation is part of the SPI/IHS Key Market Breakfast Briefing from 7:30 to 9 .a.m., Tuesday, March 24 in the Valencia Ballroom.
- Racing Pit-Stop – Wittmann Battenfeld will replicate a NASCAR-style robotic pit-stop in booth W2743.
- Press Conference - SPI will make a major announcement Monday, March 23, at 11:15 a.m. in the Zero Waste Zone. All media are encouraged to attend.
Registered media are invited to attend the NPE2015 Media Breakfast and Briefing from 7 to 8 a.m., Monday, March 23, in Room W312B in the West Hall at Orange County Convention Center. Carteaux is the featured speaker. For additional information, contact Bob Martino, firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
About Orange County Government: Orange County Government strives to serve its citizens and guests with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. Located in Central Florida, Orange County includes 13 municipalities and is home to world famous theme parks, the nation’s second largest convention center, and a thriving life science research park. Seven elected members make up the Board of County Commissioners including the Mayor who is elected countywide. For more information please visit www.OCFL.net or go to the Orange County facebook and twitter pages.
NPE: The International Plastics Showcase is a triennial exposition solely owned and produced by SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association. NPE2015 will take place Monday through Friday, March 23-27, 2015, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. It will be the largest plastics industry event in 2015, including a world-scale trade show and multiple educational programs. The trade show portion will include more than 2,000 exhibitors on over 1.1 million sq.ft. (102,000 sq.m) of space. NPE2015 will host over 60,000 industry professionals from 120 countries. Visit www.npe.org.
Founded in 1937, SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association promotes growth in the $373 billion U.S. plastics industry. Representing nearly 900,000 American workers in the third largest U.S. manufacturing industry, SPI delivers legislative and regulatory advocacy, market research, industry promotion and the fostering of business relationships and zero waste strategies. SPI also owns and produces the international NPE trade show. All profits from NPE are reinvested into SPI’s industry services. Find SPI online at http://www.plasticsindustry.org and http://www.inthehopper.org.
"From resin suppliers and equipment makers to processors and brand owners, SPI is proud to represent all facets of the U.S. plastics industry," said William R. Carteaux, president and CEO, SPI. Our most recent economic reports show that the plastics industry as a whole is resilient, and has come through the recession significantly better than other U.S. manufacturing sectors."