• Invocation - County Mayor
• Presentation of proclamation designating the month of September as "National Preparedness Month"
• Presentation of proclamation designating September 11, 2009 as "Patriots' Day"
• Presentation of Governor's Points of Light Award to Dr. Oswald Saavedra in recognition of Climate Change/Environmental Awareness Month
• Public Comment*
II. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS*
III. DISCUSSION AGENDA
A. COMMISSIONER'S REPORT
1. Commissioner Brummer wishes to discuss the Maynard Evans High School Reconstruction Project.
B. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR
1. School Board Update.
2. Selection of one firm and one alternate to provide Engineering Services for Lake Eve Pump Station No. 3541 Rehabilitation, Request for Proposals Y9-833-PH, from the following two firms, listed alphabetically:
• Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc.
• Tetra Tech, Inc.
([Utilities Department Utilities Engineering Division] Purchasing and Contracts
Division) Page 236-248
C. HEALTH AND FAMILY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
1. Influenza Update. (Health Services Department)
D. COMMUNITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
1. Approval for the Manager of Environmental Protection Division or designee to relay to the Florida Department of Environmental Protection any concerns of the Board of County Commissioners regarding the County's allocation for the Lake Jesup Basin Management Action Plan. Districts 2, 3, 5, and 6. (Environmental Protection Division)
• Presentation of proclamation designating the month of September as "National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month" (Carol Burkett)
• Presentation of Employee Service Awards to: Timothy Walter Groth (20), Department Office, Administrative Services; Donna Marie Laviola (20), Operations, Convention Center; Ernest G. Whittaker (20), Michael J. Adkins (20), Security Operations, Thomas L Stanley (30), Inmate Programs and Support, Corrections; James E. Ward (20), Jose G. Cruz (20), Susan C. Hickman (20), Operations, Fire Rescue; Aida Luz Ayala (20), Ivelisse Diaz (25), Head Start, Family Services; Wendy Zuke Hack (20), Traffic Engineering, Public Works; James William Becker (20), Angel L. Rodriguez (20), Randy E. Wrye (30), Solid Waste, Utilities.
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Municipal Service Taxing Unit/Benefit Units
1. Bay Lakes at Granada Sections 1 through 6, amend for retention pond(s) maintenance; District 1
2. Bay Lakes at Granada Sections 1 through 6, amend for common area
maintenance; District 1
B. Petitions to Vacate
3. Applicant: William D. Bishop, Sr.; Petition to Vacate 09-03, portion of right of way; District 4; continued from August 4, 2009
4. Applicant: Enrique Ros, on behalf of Ros Family Revocable Trust; Petition to Vacate 09-04, portion of right of way; District 4
C. Board of Zoning Adjustment Board-Called
5. Applicant: TBCOM Properties; Case SE-09-04-001, May 7, 2009; District 3; continued from July 14, 2009
D. Substantial Change
6. Applicant: Paul Batt, Orlando International Hotel Planned Development; District 1
7. Modifying International Drive Community Redevelopment Plan; Districts 1 and 6
F. Substantial Change
8. Applicant: Paul H. Chipok, Quadrangle Planned Development (PD); District 5