Orange Code, the County's new code process, represents a radically simplified and sustainable way to govern how land is developed. It ensures sustainable land development that preserves the character of existing communities, celebrates Orange County's diversity and creates vibrant places to live, work and relax. Every city and county has a land development code that describes where and how new buildings and communities may be built. While there have been many updates since Orange County’s Code was written in 1957, now is the time to look at the big picture.
Orange Code will refresh and rethink the County’s place-making law to get it ready for the 21st Century. Orange Code will:
- Build places that are sustainable, both environmentally and economically.
- Streamline regulation and reduce unnecessary red tape.
- Protect and enhance the character of Orange County’s diverse communities.
- Meet the needs of Orange County’s current and future citizens and businesses.
- Build beautiful places that are great to live, work, and relax.