II. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS**
III. DISCUSSION AGENDA
A. COMMISSIONER'S REPORT
1. Commissioner Edwards wishes to make a motion to rescind the vote taken on September 20, 2011 regarding adopted resolution calling for a Referendum on Economic Ad Valorem Exemption being placed on the 2012 Presidential Primary Preference Ballot.
B. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR
1. Approval of 1) the Fiscal Year 2012 funding allocations for the Arts and Cultural Affairs Program, 2) Contract Y12-2072-LC, Disbursement of Cultural and Recreational Funds, with United Arts of Central Florida Inc., to provide management and funds distribution as recommended by the Arts and Cultural Affairs Advisory Council, in the contract award amount of $668,554 (general fund contribution) for the fiscal year 2011-2012, and 3) Contract Y12-2073-LC, Cultural Tourism Fund and Cultural Facilities Funds, with United Arts of Central Florida, Inc., to provide management and funds distribution based on recommendations by the Arts and Cultural Affairs Advisory Council, in a not-to-exceed contract award amount of $3,241,703 for fiscal year 2011-2012. (Arts and Cultural Affairs Office)
2. Approval of 2012 Legislative Priorities.
3. Approval of a one-time subsidy in the amount of $63,000 for the Hispanic Business Initiative Fund. (Office of Economic, Trade and Tourism Development) Page 448
C. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
1. Selection of one firm and two ranked alternates to provide Labor/Management Legal Counsel Services, Request for Proposals Y11-1102-LC, from the following three firms, listed alphabetically:
- Allen, Norton & Blue, P.A.
- Dean, Ringers, Morgan & Lawton, P.A.
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- ([Office of Accountability Risk Management Division] Purchasing and Contracts Division)
2. Selection of two firms to provide Continuing Professional Services for Alternative Road Impact Fee and Monitoring Services Request for Proposals Y11-904-CH, from the following firms, listed alphabetically:
- GMB Engineers & Planners, Inc.
- Tindale-Oliver & Associates, Inc.
- ([Public Works Department Traffic Engineering Division] Purchasing and Contracts Division)
D. FAMILY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
1. Veterans Services Presentation. (Youth and Family Services Division)
E. UTILITIES DEPARTMENT
1. Board direction on Waste Tire Program recommendations. (Solid Waste Division)
F. COUNTY ATTORNEY
1. Approval of Orange County's Acknowledgement of Settlement Agreement between the Orange County Comptroller and Expedia, Inc., Hotels.com, L.P., and Hotwire, Inc., and Consent to Dropping Expedia, Inc., as a Party in the case styled, Orange County, Florida, and Martha O. Haynie, Orange County Comptroller, vs. Expedia, Inc., and Orbitz, LLC, case number 2006-CA-2104.
Presentation of Employee Service Awards to: Yvonne L. Deubler (25), Human Resources, Neal Rolon (25), Facilities Management, Office of Accountability; Amanda D. Brown (25), Community Corrections, Ruben Garcia (25), Security Operations, Corrections; Sandra Rivera (20), Head Start, Vernard A. Batson (20), Lillian A. Auffant (20), Community Action, Family Services; Darrel J. McCrystal (30), Operations, Fire Rescue; Brian J. Nead (30), Roads and Drainage, Public Works; Irene A. Taylor (25) Water, Melvin W. Black (25), Water Reclamation, Utilities.
October 6, 2011 Board of Zoning Adjustment Recommendations
V. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Petition to Vacate
1. Applicant: Anthony B. Major; Petition to Vacate 10-09, portion of right of way; District 1; continued from September 13, 2011
B. Planning and Zoning Commission Board
2. Applicant: Estrada Gilberto and Roma Aida, 815 Pine Street; Case RZ-11-08-018, August 18, 2011; District 4
3. Applicant: Delgado Gerardo for Delgado Gerardo and Avellan Elvia, 9615 S Orange Avenue; Case RZ-11-08-019, August 18, 2011; District 4
4. Amending Orange County Code, Chapter 17, pertaining to Service-Disabled Business Program
D. Preliminary Subdivision Plan
5. Eagle Creek Planned Development - Parcel N Commercial Center Preliminary Subdivision Plan, District 4
6. Ordinance Creating Article VIII, Chapter 26, Orange County Code, Prohibiting Simulated Gambling and Simulated Gambling Devices, and Amending Chapter 38, Orange County Code, related to Zoning of Simulated Gambling Establishments; second public hearing
7. Amending County Charter, Section 704, pertaining to Proposed Referendum regarding Simulated Gambling and Gambling
8. Amending Orange County Code, Chapters 2, 26 and 38, pertaining to Firearms, Ammunition and Components of Firearms
F. Shoreline Alteration/Dredge and Fill
9. Applicant: Michael Paul Floyd, Lake Butler, permit, District 1
I. CONSENT AGENDA (continued)
C. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR
5. Approval to disburse payment for the Florida Association of Counties (FAC) membership fee totaling $107,130 as provided in the FY 2011-12 adopted budget. (Office of Management and Budget)
E. COMMUNITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
1. Adoption of Resolution of the Orange County Board of County Commissioners regarding Avalon/Mailer Boulevard Trailhead Supplemental Local Agency Program Agreement (Construction) and approval of State of Florida Department of Transportation Local Agency Program Supplemental Agreement, FPN No. 418922-1-58-01, Contract No. APY 13 between the State of Florida Department of Transportation and Orange County. District 4. (Parks and Recreation Division)