Browse Services

Fast Track Online Permitting Services

Electrical Permits

Submission requirements and instructions


  1. Complete and submit an application for an Electrical Permit on Fast Track. See the Fast Track Training Videos for detailed instructions.
  2. Homeowners doing their own work are required to complete an Owner Builder Disclosure Statement. Please view the Owner-Builder Online Permitting instructions.
  3. If value of work exceeds $2,500, a Notice of Commencement is required.
  4. The following information is required for permit issuance.
    • Building Class: New or Old.
    • Type of Building: Residential, Commercial or Mobile Home.
    • Type of Work: New, Alteration, Addition, Repair, Low Voltage or Meter Reset.
    • Number of fixtures.
    • Will a power call be needed? Yes or No.
    • If no meter service is being installed, then valuation of all materials and fixtures is required.
    • If work is new construction or addition, a building permit is required.
  5. Additional Information:
    • Meter Reset Permit is a one-time stand-alone permit, used when power has been off. This type of permit is usually required by the power company prior to reinstating power to the home.
    • If electrical permit is for A/C please provide unit tonnage and heating (KW’s, BTU’s, etc…).
    • If electrical permit is for Low Voltage, please specify (e.g. phones, televisions, speakers, security systems, thermostats, garage door openers, doorbells, chimes etc…).
    • A Temporary Pole is a standalone permit used for construction purposes only.
    • When obtaining an electrical permit on a vacant piece of property a Letter of Intent is required.
  6. Application is reviewed for compliance.
  7. If application information is complete and approved and all applicable fee payments were completed on Fast Track, the electrical permit is issued to property owner or contractor and emailed to the contact information listed on the Fast Track permit application.


Fee Schedule. 

Contact Us

For questions, please call Permitting (Sub-Trades):
Phone: (407) 836-5564