Orange County Government, Florida

Williamsburg

A District 1 Community

Overview

The Williamsburg community was named after William Jaird Levitt, whose family built four Levittowns, each a planned community, between 1947 and 1951. The original Levittown, outside of New York City, contained the first mass-produced homes, made affordable to returning World War II veterans. All four Levittowns are widely regarded as the archetypes for 20th century suburban development.

In the 1970s, the area was surrounded by animals, orange groves and undeveloped land. The Williamsburg Homeowners Association was later instituted and, in all, seven villages including pools, tennis courts and clubhouses were built consisting of more than 3,000 homes.

Contact Us

Commissioner Betsy VanderLey
201 S. Rosalind Ave., 5th Floor
Orlando, FL 32801

Email: District1@ocfl.net
Phone: (407) 836-7350
Fax: (407) 836-5879

All e-mail sent to this address becomes part of Orange County public record. Comments received by our e-mail subsystem can be read by anyone who requests that privilege. In compliance with "Government in the Sunshine" laws, Orange County Government must make available, at request, any and all information not deemed a threat to the security of law enforcement agencies and personnel.