Follow us on Twitter: @OrangeCoParksFL and on Orange County, Florida Government’s Facebook events page.
Orange County Parks and Recreation facilities remain limited in capacity.
Carboard Canoe Regatta Returns October 16!
Registration is open at Kelly Park for teams of five to build and race a cardboard and duct tape canoe (limited to 16 teams) on Saturday, October 16! Cost: $50/team. Registration will close Thursday, October 14 at 5 p.m. "Boat artists" may be younger than 12 years and are not included in team member count; race participants must be age 12 or older. All canoes must be built in 3.5 hours, from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., using only cardboard and duct tape provided by Kelly Park on event day. Teams will race their canoes in Rock Springs beginning at 1 p.m. Prizes awarded to Race Winner, Crowd Favorite and Most Spectacular Sinking! Complete list of rules available by calling Kelly Park: 407-254-1902. Other free activities during the day; free to watch rowing and sinking with regular park admission!
Free Movies in the Park: Bring lawn chairs and snacks, or purchase from food trucks. Pets are not allowed in the viewing area; alcohol is not allowed in the park.
- October 22 – The Addams Family (rated PG, 86 minutes) at Cypress Grove Park, 290 Holden Ave., Orlando.
- October 23 – The Addams Family (rated PG, 86 minutes) at Bithlo Community Park, 18501 Washington Avenue, Orlando.
- October 29 – The Addams Family (rated PG, 86 minutes) at Kelly Park’s Camp Joy, 5303 Baptist Camp Road, Apopka.
- October 30 – The Addams Family (rated PG, 86 minutes) at Barnett Park, 4801 W. Colonial Drive, Orlando.
- November 5 – Toy Story 4 (PG, 100 mins., starts 7 p.m.) at Independence Park, 5849 New Independence Parkway, Winter Garden.
- November 6 – Toy Story 4 (PG, 100 mins., starts 7 p.m.) at Capehart Park, 715 Capehart Drive, Orlando.
- December 10 – Dr. Dolittle (PG, 101 mins, starts 7 p.m.) at Meadow Woods Park, 1751 Rhode Island Woods Circle, Orlando.
- December 11 – Dr. Dolittle (PG, 101 mins, starts 7 p.m.) at Magnolia Park, 2929 Binion Road, Apopka.
Come to the Voter Tree at Cypress Grove Park on October 24!
The League of Women Voters of Orange County, District 3 Commissioner Mayra Uribe and Orange County Supervisor of Elections Bill Cowles invite you to celebrate your voice, your vote, your power on Sunday, October 24 at Cypress Grove Park! Activities begin at 1 p.m. with a short program at 2 p.m. Bring a picnic lunch, wear your family-friendly Halloween costume and meet at the Voter Tree for a fun afternoon, focusing on our right to vote. Enjoy kids' activities and meet historical characters! This free event is open to the public. Details at www.LWVOC.org.
Wedgefield Park Dog Park Virtual Meeting on November 2
We want to hear from you! Orange County Parks and Recreation and District 5 Commissioner Emily Bonilla invite you to attend the virtual community meeting on Tuesday, November 2, 6-7 p.m., for a new dog Park at Wedgefield Park. At the time of the virtual meeting, click this WebEx link to watch and participate.
If you plan to visit a park or trail, please observe the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) recommendations:
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to heading to trails — wash hands, carry hand sanitizer, do not use trails if you have symptoms, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
- Observe at all times CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike or hike.
- Warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass to allow proper distance and step off trails to allow others to pass, keeping minimum recommended distances at all times. Signal your presence with your voice, bell or horn.
- Water fountains and restrooms are open.