BEFORE YOU APPLY:
Minimum requirements for specific Residential Building permits can be found on the webpage, Orange County Permits, under the heading Residential Structures.
Note: Separate structure(s) can not be combined on one permit. Each separate structure requires its own permit and can not be combined for review and inspections.
- Additional detailed information is available in the Orange County Minimum Requirements for Residential Building Permit Plans Submittals for detailed plan requirements. A complete online version of the Florida Building Code (Residential) FBC-R, is available online.
- For questions concerning the Division of Building Safety portion of the Plan Review or submittal requirements, email EResQuestions@ocfl.net or call 407-836-5550 and ask for the ‘Building Residential Plan Reviewer of the Day'.
Often, residential building permits require review by other Departments or Divisions, depending upon specific, individual conditions or circumstances.
Additional Requirements may apply for properties utilizing a septic system:
Please contact the Florida Department of Health, Environmental Health Onsite Sewage Program at call 407-858-1497 or email AskEH@flhealth.gov for additional information prior to applying for a building permit
Additional requirements for projects in the City of Edgewood:
Pursuant to the Interlocal Agreement between Orange County Government and the City of Edgewood, residents within the city limits are required to obtain approval from the City of Edgewood prior to applying for a building permit through Orange County. Please contact the City of Edgewood at 407-851-2920 or by email at Info@Edgewood-fl.gov for their permitting requirements.
Additional requirements for projects in the Ranger Drainage District (Cape Orlando Estates, Wedgefield, Rocket City)
Pursuant to the Interlocal Agreement between Orange County Government and the Ranger Drainage District, a District Permit may also be required. A copy of this permit must be uploaded as part of permitting documents submitted to Orange County. For questions concerning permitting in the District, please call 407-568-5502 or email the District at WandaTucker@RangerDraingeDistrict.com.
Example of work types that DO require a District permit: New SFR, Additions to existing structures, Accessory structures, Screen structures, Pools, Fences, Slabs
Example of work types that DO NOT require a District permit: Window and door replacement, Roof replacement, Interior alterations, Repairs, Stucco, Driveways, Pavers, Flag poles if not located in an easement
Complete the residential online permit application information and upload required documentation using Fast Track.
For any issues with the submission of permitting documents and plans, please contact the Fast Track Customer Service Team at EPlanCOM@ocfl.net or call 407-836-8160
The process of uploading plans and documents is covered in Step 4 of the Fast Track User Guide, "Upload Plans and Documents".
All constructions plan/document requirements will be uploaded to the E-Submittal Plans/Documents Link for the Plans Examiner to review.
The file names shall be consistent with the Naming Conventions section found in the Fast Track User Guide.
- Only PDF files are accepted.
- For any issues with uploading plans or documents, please contact Fast Track Customer Service Team EPlanCOM@ocfl.net or call 407-836-8160.
SUBMIT AND SAVE
The process of submitting and saving the application is covered in Step 5 of the Fast Track User Guide "Submit and Save", the permit will be verified and routed to each reviewing departments by the Orange County Fast Track team.
PROJECT AND PLANS REVIEW
Some residential building permits require additional review by other Departments or Divisions, depending upon specific, individual conditions or circumstances. Many items are addressed below in the required documentation. Please see the Guide for Residential Plan Approval for additional Departmental requirements.
Each reviewing department will review and either deny or approve the permit.
- If denied, the official denial comments for all reviewing departments will be emailed to the applicant automatically by the FastTrack system once all reviews are complete. Please rely on the emailed version of comments when correcting or revising plans and documents. The web link contained in the email will allow the permit applicant to upload corrections to all departmental deficiencies.
- Once approved by all reviewing departments the permit status will change to final issuance on Fast Track. Please look for the ready to issue letter, which will be sent via email.
- Emails are sent to the address provided by the applicant at the time the permit was originally generated.
PRIOR TO ISSUANCE
Prior to issuance, the permit application documents will be processed and the customer will be notified if there are any deficiencies such as:
- A Permit Application "Page 2" is necessary. If the total job value is over $2,500.00, a Building Permit Application "Page 2" will be requested if not previously submitted.
- If the permit is being obtained by a homeowner and not a contractor, an Owner Builder Disclosure Form will be requested if one was not previously submitted and completed Owner Video Verification.
For questions concerning the Issuance of the permit, email EPlanRES@ocfl.net or call 407-836-0924.
Once the application documents have been received and approved, the customer will be notified via email to pay fees for the permit.
After payment is received, the permit and inspection record will be emailed to the addresses entered by the applicant during the application process. Approved plans and documents are available to download on Fast Track after approval. Approved documents are usually available within 4-6 hours.
PLEASE PRINT APPROVED PLANS AND ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, BUILDING PERMIT, and INSPECTION CARD.